Adrenaline as experience is, Zip flying in Nepal
Honestly, there is no dictionary invented to describe the nerve wrecking views and experiences of zip flying in Nepal. It needs a huge potency and fortitude to dare about the activity. Moving down in the speed of 120 km/hr and all-encompassing sights of Machhapuchre and Annapurna range (Himalayas) in the front and Seti River below, can simply be a matter of feel and experience. Here in the article we present all that you would wish to know about zip flying in Nepal.
Pokhara: The Zip Fying Capital
Pokhara is considered the hub of zip flying in the nation. The process of plumb down to at least about 2000 feet down from Sarangkot, covering a path of about a couple of kilometers is simply adrenaline as an experience. Well, the views those are experienced through the pursuit is also something the rock nerves deserve.
- Starting point: Sarangkot (1625 m)
- Ending Point: Hemja (960 m)
- Distance: 1.8 km (1.12 miles)
- Vertical distance: 610 m (2000 ft)
- Maximum speed: 120 km/hr ( 75 mph)
A much more technical these days
Earlier, special techniques were needed for a successful landing. However, the latest magnetic systems can put breaks immediately. The guides over here take complete care throughout the quest. Especially, while getting down, a couple of the trainers welcome you at the ground fulfilling the post journey formalities.
One needs to be fulfilling the requisite physical parameters for such expeditions.
- One has to carry a minimum weight of 75 pound (35 kg), the maximum extent of which is 275 pounds (125 kg).
- Those who are having spinal or collar issues are not allowed for such rides. The pregnant ladies can’t also take the chance of enjoying such rides.
- Those with symptoms of Acrophobia (fear when exposed to height) are not allowed.
- Age should be above 14 years.